What do you say to those 5 million Californians who are afraid their families are going to go hungry and they want Democrats to get together with Republicans and reopen? I think it's a disgrace. The USDA has never done this in the past. They said they have a contingency fund for precisely this moment. They said just a few days ago, on November 30, rather September 30, that the contingency fund exists for a moment like this, a likely government shutdown. (05:58–06:01)
CLAIM
Claims the USDA has never previously acted in this manner.
This is an excerpt from a raw transcript. The assertions have not been audited or verified. Tap the video to view the source footage and understand the context.